[Gllug] Swap file size

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Feb 1 13:19:54 UTC 2002

Jackson, Harry(HJackson at colt-telecom.com)@Thu, Jan 31, 2002 at 04:46:55PM -0000:

i think on reboot, the PROM detects the kernel has panic'd and then if
told todo so, write the contents of physical ram to the swap device.

and yep, if you've turned on crash dump analysis it can take a while to
write all that memory out.  but with that data you, or more likely Sun
engineers, can work out what happened.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 C:\DOS C:\DOS\RUN RUN\DOS\RUN