[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

Sean Burlington gllug at uncertainty.org.uk
Sat Feb 9 11:16:06 UTC 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 11:11 pm, you wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:17:36PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:
> > >
> > > And I always thought that the Canadians were the more intelligent of
> > > the inhabitants of the North American continent.
> >
> > jeez ...
> >
> > loads of people have posted to the list by mistake, expecting reply to
> > use the From: address (if you see what I mean)
> >
> > - there was even a thread about changing the gllug headers
> >
> > I really don't understand the wrath recruiters invoke on this list - we
> > get maybe one message a month *from* them...
>
> It was a Friday afternoon, can't we have a bit of fun at the expence of
> someone who is probably so thick skinned (or possibly just thick) that he
> won't notice it.

You have met this man then ?

- or have you just met his 'type' and so dismiss all recruiters in the same
way that many people dismiss geeks ...

The Smoothwall project is an example where the maintainers tendency to rant
is in danger of overshadowing the entire project

abuse of (nearly) all recruiters who appear on this list is damaging to the
Linux job market at a time when many people are affecyed by a slowing economy.

I am not suggesting that recruiters be made a part of this list - I am just
saying that I don't want any recruiter coming here to leave thinking "these
linux geeks may be clever, but I don't want to work with them".

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk