[Gllug] [OT] Perl DBI question

Chris Ball chris at void.printf.net
Tue Feb 19 13:26:03 UTC 2002

    Frank> 1) Has the problem been fixed? If not then _perhaps_ it is
    Frank> more important to fix this.

I'm not sure how to fix the problem; which I why I posted in response to
a point made much later on in the thread, about something else.  See?

    Frank> 2) Most of the quote you've attributed to me is not mine. I
    Frank> see no reference to the guy who first mentioned DBD. Why not
    Frank> reply to the original reply?

I only felt it'd be worthwhile to reply after seeing agreement to Will's
confused post making reference to DBD, and so replied to that agreement.
There would be compile-time[1] DBD errors if a driver was missing, and I
wanted to clear up what seemed to be a misinterpretation of what DBI is.

    Frank> 3) The majority of your post is summarising the first few
    Frank> paragraphs of "perldoc DBI" [..]

That's nice.  perldoc DBI was not used in the writing of my e-mail.  My
job's involved working with DBI and DBD::Oracle for over a year now, and
my summary was from that experience, rather than perldoc.

    Frank> 4) You site Void in your sig-line and yet your mail didn't
    Frank> get sent to /dev/null - I've got to alter my procmail filter
    Frank> :(

ITYM 'cite'.  And also '(void)', for that matter; 'Void' is the name of
many things, including the machine I'm writing this e-mail on.

- Chris.

[1]: Note to would-be pedants: yes, I _do_ mean 'compile-time' here.
--
$a="printf.net"; Chris Ball | chris at void.$a | www.$a | finger: chris@$a
         "In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded."

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk