[Gllug] speedtouch USB (was IDE CD burners)

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:52:55 UTC 2002

On Thu, 21 Feb 2002 16:33:08 -0000 Paul Brazier wrote:

> A problem I get with the speedtouch USB modem is that it doesn't work if
> it is plugged in at boot time.
> I have to unplug it and then plug it in again for it to be recognised by
> the hotplug daemon.
> (Also the system freezes on shutdown unless I kill the pppd first,
> though I suppose there's some shutdown script where I could do this
> automatically).
> Not a major hassle but anyone got round this?

What drivers are you using?  Are you using the ones from:-

http://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtouch

or are you using the one from here:-

http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch?

If the latter, I'd recommend the former since I've had much better luck
(and stability) with that then trying to compile it as a module into the
kernel.  It sounds like the problem that you've got with the system
freezing on shutdown is due to a bug with the latter's code and SMP in the
kernel.

Regards,

	Martyn

--
Linux 2.4.17 #1 Fri Feb 15 13:32:44 GMT 2002 i686 unknown

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk