[Gllug] IDE CD burners

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:50:13 UTC 2002

Paul Brazier wrote:
>>My rio500 works fine, haven't tried anything else apart from
>>an accursed
>>speedtouch USB (I am about this |-----| far from getting an
>>ethernet one).
>>

> I'd persevere with it, it sounded from your previous posts like you had
> the modem set up OK but just the pppd setup wasn't working.
> I've had no problems with the speedtouch since I got it working (though
> I never leave it on overnight).

I think I have the USB modem working, it does seem like the ppp malarkey
  that is the problem.  I am re-jigging the partions on my PC at the
moment so it has taken a lower priority (ie. below booting the machine).
  I have followed just about every (alright, 2) HOWTO there is, and it
still doesn;t seem to want to work.

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*