[Gllug] website 'user experience' testing tools?

Jim Cheetham jim.gllug at gonzul.org
Thu Feb 14 16:23:34 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 03:10:23PM +0000, Jim Cheetham wrote:
> Guys,
> I'm having a scout around for some suitable quick'n'dirty web site testing
> tools ... any suggestions?

OK ... I can get some of what I want with wget ... wget -p gets all the
requirements of a page. Unfortunately, I can't throttle the speed of
the request - there is a patch for wget that throttles, but that's for
version 1.5, and -p wasn't in that version ...

But perhaps I can put something in front of wget? thttpd supports
throttling, but won't act as a proxy ...

Thinking as I type ... squid has a throttling feature, doesn't it?

-jim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk