[Gllug] CD Writing with Samba

Harry postituk at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 9 23:49:18 UTC 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ian Northeast" <ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk>

> But to the point, why do you have to read the CDs in Windows? I've never
> had to do this. I have "backed up" many Windows CDs in Linux. And music
> CDs. I've never had a problem except when trying to copy protected games
> CDs, and AIUI there are ways round this one which I could find if I
> cared enough to do so. These are hard to copy in Windows too (there
> wouldn't be a lot of point if they weren't).

Most of my time is now going to be spent on the Windows box now which is a
bit of a shame so I will use the cd on it to read any music cd's to the
server across the network. Then the next time that I boot up the redhat box
I can write all the cd,s that I have done. I could do it from command line
on the debian box but its a pain in the ass copying each track to where you
want it and I find it easier and faster using the GUI shame on me.

Harry

---

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk