[Gllug] Vim

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Feb 19 10:37:11 UTC 2002

On 2/19/02, 9:45:14 AM, "Jackson, Harry" <HJackson at colt-telecom.com> wrote
regarding [Gllug] Vim:

> Hi all

> Another Vim question. When I use the "u" command in vim I normally expect
it
> to undo repeatedly instead of undoing the undo if that makes sense. I
have
> had a look at the help files and it would seem that I am in vi compatible
> mode for undo and need to remove some option flags. I have tried doing
this
> to no avail. Has anyone out there had a similar problem or know the cure.

The default Vim installation on Debian does multiple undo, so I'm
thinking you may not be in Vim.  Or you may be running it as "vi", in
which case it will emulate traditional vi in most things.  Though if you
typed vi you are most likely using nvi or elvis, two small vi clones that
are installed by default.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk