[Gllug] Meta keys

Nix nix at esperi.demon.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 22:06:31 UTC 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Bruce Richardson yowled:
> On 2/19/02, 8:54:23 AM, Nix <nix at esperi.demon.co.uk> wrote regarding Re:
> [Gllug] Meta keys:
>> On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, Bruce Richardson spake:
>> You have no local Emacs users, I suspect, given the criticality of the
>> meta key in Emacs...
>
> Yup.  But I decided to keep the Meta key anyway.  Dumped Altgr instead.

Small loss; UK keyboards have damn litle that it's used for anyway.

Perhaps only the weird pipe symbol on the upper-left key (where ESC
would be if it hadn't been evicted).

--
`The classical music makes him feel tranquil and loved so he performs
 regularly. What a life for a guy. He gets to make love every day with

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk