[Gllug] Meta keys

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Feb 14 14:40:52 UTC 2002

On 2/14/02, 2:07:33 PM, tet at accucard.com wrote regarding Re: [Gllug] Meta
keys :

> >What, apart from Emacs, uses these?

> X11. Most PC keyboards map Ctrl to be Meta, but "real" keyboards have
> separate ctrl and meta keys.

And what does X use em for?  I've been playing with my new Happy Hacking
Keyboard at work (as opposed to my old HHK at home) and trying to decide on
the best use of the <> keys.  One is now the compose key and the other
Meta_R but since I never use Emacs I'm wondering if I might not just use it
for something else (e.g. Alt_grey).

Did you know the HHK Lite 2 is a whole .4 of an inch longer, front to
back, than the old HHK Lite?  I got it out of the box and my first
reaction was "But it's huge!"

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk