[Gllug] Windowmaker and KDE

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Feb 11 11:43:27 UTC 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 08:11:12PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:00:04PM +0000, Simon wrote:
> > Am I just being a complete numpty, or does the windowmaker and KDE
> > integration suck large rocks through small straws?
>
> I think it worked better with KDE1.  I don't think they've really gotten
> round to KDE2.  This would not be surprising given the glacial
> development pace and their general antipathy to anything which isn't
> their OpenStep-alike holy grail.

Not what I wanted to hear, and judging from your answer something
that's not going to get fixed in my lifetime. Time to either try and
get used to GNOME again, or to break out kappdock unless anyone out
there knows of a windowmaker fork that works properly with KDE 2?

Cheers,

Simon

--
I hooked up my accelerator pedal in my car to my brake lights.  I hit the gas,
people behind me stop, and I'm gone.  -- Steven Wright

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk