[Gllug] Securing PHP Nuke and Post Nuke?

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Mon Feb 4 14:14:47 UTC 2002

On Mon, 4 Feb 2002 13:58:07 +0000 Jim Bailey wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am helping some friends set up a site with a PHP Nuke type interface
> and I wondered if people had had experience of setting one up.
>
> I am particularly concerned with regards to security since I know of at
> least one site that recently cracked using flaws in PHP Nuke.  I am
> looking seriously at Post Nuke which seems to address some of the
> problems but would greatly appreciate input from member of the list.

I'm using phpwebsite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu) which is a cleaner,
more security-concious package based around PHP Nuke.  Examples of
phpwebsite in action are shown below in my signature (the first two sites
only).  I wouldn't touch PHP Nuke with a barge pole these days due to
potential security concerns that keep cropping up.  Also, phpwebsite is
more streamlined and less bulky.

Regards,

	Martyn

--