[Gllug] Modules

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue Feb 12 22:19:17 UTC 2002

On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 11:34:36AM -0000, Jackson, wrote:
> > Not sure what it is for Debian but I think there's something
> > analagous.
>
> I have used chkconfig on redhat but not sure what the Debian equiv. is I was
> hoping removing the modules would get rid of it completely. I suppose I
> could go through dselect and do some weeding.

I see there is now a friendly front-end to update-rc.d in the Woody
distribution.  Name of rcconf.  Haven't looked at it.

Harry, a very simple way to achieve this would have been

chmod -x /etc/init.d/portmap

which would have stopped the portmap init script from running at all.

--
Bruce

Remember you're a Womble.