[Gllug] IPSec

tim at bash.sh tim at bash.sh
Tue Feb 12 11:59:02 UTC 2002

I've setup a link from my home firewall to my uni's
internal network using VTUN. Its very easy to use
and has compression and encryption. Its uses TCP or
UDP (usfull for getting around my uni's firewall).
It works by having a 'server' which will listen on
a socket (your cable modem box) and the roaming using
(modem) can just connect.  Cable IP's seem to stay
static for a long time anyway.

-Tim

PS. sorry if I've got the wrong end of the stick.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk