[Gllug] [OT] Jokes

Dan Kolb dankolb at ox.compsoc.net
Mon Feb 18 13:45:52 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 Feb 2002 11:23 am, John Hearns wrote:
> We need some jokes.

Three blondes walk into a bar. The fourth one ducks.

Two fish sitting in a tank. One says to the other "Do you know how to drive
this thing?"

Two birds are sitting on a perch. One says to the other "Do you smell
something fishy?"

One day, a tall man in a cowboy hat walks into a bar. The bartender says,
"What is this? Some kind of joke?"

Two vultures boarded an airplane, each carrying two dead raccoons. The
stewardess looked at them and said, "I'm sorry, gentlemen, only one carrion
per passenger is allowed."

The time is the present; the location is the United States. And the Lord
spoke to Noah, saying, "Noah, in one year, I will again cover the Earth with
water until all is destroyed. But first, I want you to save the righteous
people and two of each of my living creatures. I hereby command you: 'Build
an Ark.'" In a flash of lightning, God delivered the Ark's specifications.
Noah agreed. "Remember, Noah," said the Lord, "You have one year!" Exactly
one year later, the sky darkened, the clouds formed, the wind blew, the rains
began, and the Lord returned... to find Noah weeping in his front yard near a
small pile of lumber. "Noah! Where's my Ark?" "Forgive me, Lord. I have
failed you. I tried my best, but I have had such problems! First, I needed a
construction permit. Then, since your plans weren't up to code, I had to hire
an engineering firm to redraw them. Then OSHA claimed it needed fire
sprinklers. The Coast Guard insisted upon adequate floatation devices. Then
my neighbors objected, claiming I was in violation of local zoning
ordinances, so I had to apply for a variance from the city planning
commission. Then I couldn't get enough lumber because of the ban on logging
to protect the spotted owl. I finally convinced the Forest Service that I
needed the lumber to save all the owls, but then the Fish and Wildlife
Service wouldn't let me catch any owls. Then my carpenters said I was driving
them too hard; they formed a union and went on strike. I eventually
negotiated a settlement with the National Labor Union, if I would take
sixteen carpenters on the Ark. When I started rounding up the animals, I got
slapped with a lawsuit by an animal rights group that objected to me only
taking two of each kind aboard. Then the EPA told me that I had to file an
environmental impact statement on your proposed flood, even though I told
them that they had no jurisdiction over the Creator of the universe. Then the
Army Corps of Engineers demanded a map of the proposed new flood plain, so I
handed them a globe. Then I received a complaint from the Equal Employment
Opportunity Commission accusing me of discrimination because I didn't plan to
include any godless unbelievers on the Ark! The IRS seized all my assets,
claiming that I was only building the Ark to flee the country to avoid paying
taxes. Then I got a notice from the state that I owed user fees, a notice
from the DMV that I hadn't registered the Ark as a recreational watercraft,
and the Small Business Administration called my construction loan. The
American Civil Liberties Union got an injunction against further
construction, reasoning that You flooding the earth is a religious event and
therefore unconstitutional. I'm never going to be able to finish your Ark,
Lord!" The sky cleared, the sun shone, the seas calmed, and a rainbow arched
across the sky. Noah looked up hopefully. "Does this mean you're not going to
destroy the world?" "Yes," said the Lord sadly. "I don't have to. The
government already has!"

- --
Mother is far too clever to understand anything she does not like.
		-- Arnold Bennett

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk