[Gllug] ipmasqadm and dhcp

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Tue Feb 26 16:35:58 UTC 2002

I need to run:-

ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L DHCP_IP_ADDRESS 8080 -R 10.1.1.2 8080

where DHCP_IP_ADDRESS is the current IP address for the internet facing
ethernet card.

This should by run on my Debian firewall box so that every time the IP
address changes the port is forwarded for the new DHCP_IP_ADDRESS.

I am running the dhcp-client package that uses dhclient-2.2.x program.

Any suggestions?

I also need a DNS address that changes everytime the DHCP address changes.
Has anyone used http://www.zoneedit.com or similar?

Robin Smith
BT YEM35A
Tel. 020 7 843 8726
robin.c.smith at bt.com

British Telecommunications plc     Registered office: 81 Newgate Street
London EC1A 7AJ

Registered in England no. 1800000

This electronic message contains information from British Telecommunications
plc which
may be privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for
the use of the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the
intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or
use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you have received
this electronic message in error, please notify us by telephone or e-mail
(to the number or address above) immediately.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk