[Gllug] ipmasqadm and dhcp

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Tue Feb 26 18:07:31 UTC 2002

> I need to run:-
>
> ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L DHCP_IP_ADDRESS 8080 -R 10.1.1.2 8080
>
> where DHCP_IP_ADDRESS is the current IP address for the internet facing
> ethernet card.
>
> This should by run on my Debian firewall box so that every time the IP
> address changes the port is forwarded for the new DHCP_IP_ADDRESS.
>
> I am running the dhcp-client package that uses dhclient-2.2.x program.

i use pump, but it should not be different.. (debian 2.2r4 stable)

> Any suggestions?

have a look at the IP MASQ HOWTO ... google it!

it talks about for kernel 2.2.x using a dynamic ip on the external
interface. i am using the simple firewall script, with a few extras.

> I also need a DNS address that changes everytime the DHCP address changes.

your dhcpd server can allocate DNS IPs to your client..

> Has anyone used http://www.zoneedit.com or similar?

erm, no.

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk