[Gllug] free books

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Feb 10 23:12:28 UTC 2002

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 09:16:48PM +0000, Ian Northeast wrote:
> SteveC wrote:
> >
> > O'Reilly - DNS & BIND 2nd edition
>
> That is *seriously* old. It's on the 4th edition ATM. I really couldn't
> recommend this book to anyone.
>
> The others are probably fine, I wouldn't know. But I would not want to
> see anyone trying to configure a nameserver based on DNS&bind E2. There
> are already enough clueless people out there trying to run nameservers,
> we don't need more.
>
> Throw it away please Steve!
>
> It was of course a fine book in its time, and it taught me lots. But its
> time has long passed.
>
> Regards, Ian

Surely any chapters on DNS theory would still be sound ? And new topics
such as IP6 and DNSsec might not be needed in a simple installation of
BIND. Some of this is covered in the security chapter from the 4th ed:
	http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/dns4/chapter/ch11.html

--
|      John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com            |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk