[Gllug] RFC - February meeting

Steve Cobrin cobrin at highbury.net
Mon Feb 4 22:16:40 UTC 2002

On Monday 04 Feb 2002 00:51 am, Axel Segebrecht wrote:
> > * We need a bigger lecture theater.
> > * We need a way or place to leave the theater without ... </snip>
>
> ,,,crazy thought here but maybe, just maybe it will find some ground:
>
> How about renting our own little place where people can hang out, have
> lectures, use computers and all?
>
> There are sooo many people on GLLUG / LONIX (must be around 500ppl)...
> if everyone would give - let's say - a tenner a month to pay for it
> we could have a great location (king of a charity shop with computers,
> cafe and beer).
>
> But then, that would be too outrageous and may never happen ;)
>
> Just my thoughts.
> Axel

and very nice warm fuzzy thoughts too! :-)

I'm not sure you would get 500x10x12 per year in contributions, to probably
subsidise the small number of people who would want to hang around there.

But I do like the idea, perhaps we could convince Costa Coffee and a few
others to sponsor it, add a training/presentation room, ....... <sigh>

it would be nice ....

  -- Steve

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk