[Gllug] Security & closing ports on certain interfaces.

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Tue Feb 19 15:01:06 UTC 2002

> I have looked at iptables-save but was not sure where the
> destination was
> meant to go to so I have never used it in anger. I suppose I
> should get it
> sorted as running it manually everytime I bring my machine up
> is a pigs arse
> of a method and as sure as a boot in the cahoonas smarts,
> uberhacker will
> happen to be sniffing around the ass of my PC on my laxidazical days.

I have my all iptables commands in a shell file at /etc/rc.d/rc.firewall
(I don't think this is a standard thing, just a personal convention)
At the moment I just run it manually on boot but I guess I could add it
one of the ifup scripts or something.

Paul.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk