[Gllug] Linmodem issues

jim at lateral.net jim at lateral.net
Tue Feb 19 14:49:09 UTC 2002

Hi all,

My external hardware modem died at the weekend and all I have is an intel
Ambient HaM Data Fax, I have checked and it is linux compatable.  I have
downloaded the open source drivers, edited the source code for my Debian
distro and it seemed to compile fine, though I get warnings that the kernel
I am using is newer than the one it was expecting.  Cat /proc/devices shows
it is there but Debian configuration tools don't seem to work with it.  Am
I missing something obvious?  All advice appreciated apart from by a new
hardware modem which is not an option at the moment.

Peace Jim

FULHAMS. Loaded dice are called high and lowmen, or high and low fulhams,
by Ben Jonson and other writers of his time; either because they were made
at Fulham, or from that place being a resort of sharpers.
--1811 dictionary of the vulgar tongue

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk