[Gllug] bash / go to beginning of line

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 14:52:59 UTC 2002

> >If you were
> >designing a computer from scratch and you didn't know how they were made
> >before I think you'd go for arrow keys.
>
> Yes. But after a couple of decades, you might have evolved touch
> typing and would think about moving cursor movement commands somewhere
> more sensible.

now, think about every modern laptop you have seen ...

they put all the "movement" key in silly places all over the right
hand side of the keyboard ... its taken me a month to get used to my
little laptop, after using a japanese layout laptop, and then took a
couple of days to get used to switching between a HHLK, pc104, and
both laptops ... i even use crtl-m instead of return, because the
return/enter key is different places...

using vi and the letter keys is the easiest way to retain sanity
when switching between various systems...

yours,

kim
~ "im not a freak" -- Dean
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk