[Gllug] Richard Stallman was asleep

Nick Hill t0 at nickhill.co.uk
Thu Feb 14 02:34:11 UTC 2002

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 09:05:24 -0000
"E. R. Vaughan" <e.vaughan at btinternet.com> wrote:

> I thought the Stallman talk was very inspiring. Yes he was very tired, and who
> many of us would/could agree to do a lecture in that state? I guess he had
> been up at least 24 hrs. His arguments were clearly put and linked together,
> and I hope there is an Ogg Vorbis version up soon. Of course, I think as he
> was tired he did not deviate much from the standard script, but is there
> anything he said that did not make sense?

I agree. It is rare for Richard Stallman to be inconsistent. I find his thinking clear and purposeful. Often creative.

I have yet to see one of the many who think RMS is confused proven correct on the matter.

The ogg file should be up on the GNU site in a week or so. My minidisk recorder failed, so a backup recording is being cleaned up.

Regards

Nick.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk