[Gllug] Evolution and mutt

Timothy Coggins tc at sonicated.com
Fri Feb 8 15:20:59 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-02-08 at 13:44, Simon Stewart wrote:
> I want to start playing with evolution[1] I also want to keep using
> mutt, which I have configured to be quite nice and usable (and which
> is useful when I only have a telnet/SSH link to my machine)
>
> While I can get the inbox to be shared using nothing more than a
> symlink, I've got procmail sending mails from my mailing lists into
> other folders and would also like to be able to share those. Before I
> waste a significant part of my day playing with this, has anyone on
> the list done this yet?

I have not used symlinks in Evolution but if you have it working with
the inbox it will be the same for all other box's. I have created a
gllug folder in Evolution and the mbox file is
~/evolution/local/gllug/mbox. From what you have said if you replace
that file with a symlink to the mutt mbox everything should work.

Evolution also does its own filtering which is really easy to use.

Tim

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk