[Gllug] Evolution and mutt

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Fri Feb 8 15:30:33 UTC 2002

Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 03:14:40PM +0000:
> On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:04:02PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> > Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:44:44PM +0000:
>
> <snip "how would I get evolution and mutt to live together? Espcially
> with the seperate mboxes I have for my mailing lists?">
>
> > yep.
> > i have procmail directing mail into Maildir folders, that i can use via
> > IMAP over ssh for evolutions pleasure.
>
> IMAP seems like overkill for this sort of situation --- I'm only going
> to be using these things on the local machine. Sounds like it might
> well be the easiest way to do things, though.

ah sorry, mis understanding.  i thought you were accessing it remotely.
still, it's an option, at least the 'middleware' presents the data in a
uniform fashion.  you should'nt ever have to worry about either client
changing it's local storage mechanism.

> My gut instinct is to look for a lighter weight solution.... The
> symlink for the inbox seems to work reasonably well, but I create some
> mboxes using the date command[1] (that is, I can't know in advance
> which folders are going to be there....)
>
> > works a treat, apart from evolution not having lots of funky features
> > that i now depend upon in mutt.
>
> I like mutt an awful lot, but evo offers some nice features. Still
> waiting for an equivalent from the KDE. All it would take is to use
> DCOP to provide a shell from which korganizer, kmail, etc could be
> run, but I get a feeling it would still lack the level of
> integration....

mmm, that would be cool.

--
PGP key:  http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc