[Gllug] erm, help...

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Feb 11 09:43:11 UTC 2002

John Hearns wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-02-09 at 00:57, Vincent AE Scott wrote:

> However, I propose that if you are in a rush,
> and we assume the box is still up,
> and are running an RPM based distribution, then you could
> install the relevant RPM from CD, and run Lilo.
> This should get you a bootable system.
> Discuss please - I may be wrong.

I thought is was a bit unlikely that the contents of the boot directory
would just 'dissapear'.  I was compiling a 2.4.9 kernel, same version
number as the default redhat one and that was installed.  It didn't have
ext3 support and for some reason when I booted using it I couldn't see
anything except a couple of brokem symlinks in the boot directory.
Booting using the old kernel seems to have solved the problem.  Wierd.
I have compiled a 2.4.17 kernel that I downloaded (all hail plus.net
ADSL) and that works fine.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk