[Gllug] The dreaded KDE app launch delay...

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Wed Feb 13 23:00:24 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

As you can no doubt deduce from the subject line, I have been struck by the
dreaded and mysterious KDE app launch delay. Has anybody else had this
problem?

Everything was zipping along nicely, until one day, all my KDE applications
huddled together and decided that from now on, they were all going to take 10
to 20 seconds to appear on the screen (perhaps they were sick of doing all
the overtime  :-). I am using Mandrake 8.1, KDE 2.2.1, X 4.1.0, kernel 2.4.8
if that helps.

Have I installed something over the top of something else and trainwrecked
some libraries or something?

luv Jon (dazed and confused)

--
Jonathan Harker