[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Feb 8 19:25:51 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 07:17:36PM +0000, Sean Burlington wrote:

> I really don't understand the wrath recruiters invoke on this list - we get
> maybe one message a month *from* them...

While we're not the biggest fans of recruiters on this list, we don't
rant at them as a matter of course. We only rant at the slack-witted,
slow thinking, small minded, greedy kind. Which, admittedly is most of
them.

If Peter really thought that "gllug" was a real person, then he
spammed them, and I personally loathe spammers. If he thought he'd
post to the list, he should have taken the time out to read the
posting guidelines that are available on the website.

By not reading those rules and posting an email containing something
that only closely approximates the English language he proved
conclusively that a) he deserves a place in my kill file and b) he is
a greedy fscker who wants to use our hard work to make some
money. It's not my fault if he's gone into work at a job that it
ultimately parasitic.

Which goes part way to answering your puzzlement. The other thing is
that many of the people on this list have had a bad time at the hands
of unscruplous(sp?) recruiters, and it's always good to vent a little
spleen where it does no harm, IMHO.

How's that?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"People in general are not fundamentally stupid."
"Cite?"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk