[Gllug] I APOLOGISE

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Sun Feb 10 13:35:47 UTC 2002

On Saturday, 9 Feb 2002, Sean Burlington wrote:
>abuse of (nearly) all recruiters who appear on this list is damaging to the
>Linux job market at a time when many people are affecyed by a slowing economy.

I think many of the people on this list have been at the stage of
believing that "surely, not _all_ recruiters are liars"... but
experience has gradually destroyed that belief.

On every occasion where I or my partner have had occasion to test a
pimp's trustworthiness, they have been unworthy; I'm by no means alone
in this.

The difficulty is that the recruitment industry is organised in a way
that lets the liars do better than honest people; hence inevitably the
liars drive the others out of business, and you have only liars left.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk