[Gllug] Unix Mailbox format / Exchange POP3 connector etc.

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Feb 7 10:07:35 UTC 2002

I am a bit of a stickler for standards and if there is no defined standard
then people can and will do what they want (some will do what they want
anyway). If there is no standard then its probably about time someone wrote
one to avoid confusion and misinterpretation of what people think is a
standard Unix mailbox. Forgive me if I am jumping in ignorantly but I deal
with problems every day where a defined standard would have prevented it in
the first place. I am not saying that standards are the be all and end all,
they are not and need to be as fluid as the environment they where made for
and in the IT world that's pretty damned runny.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk