[Gllug] speedtouch USB (was IDE CD burners)

Paul Brazier pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk
Thu Feb 21 17:06:54 UTC 2002

> What drivers are you using?  Are you using the ones from:-
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/speedtouch
>
> or are you using the one from here:-
>
> http://linux-usb.sourceforge.net/SpeedTouch?
>
> If the latter, I'd recommend the former since I've had much
> better luck
> (and stability) with that then trying to compile it as a
> module into the
> kernel.  It sounds like the problem that you've got with the system
> freezing on shutdown is due to a bug with the latter's code
> and SMP in the
> kernel.

I'm using the Alcatel drivers (is that the latter one?). I tried the
Benoit ones as well but the Alcatel was the first one I could get to
work so I stuck with that and I've not had problems apart from the minor
ones I mentioned.

It's just on a single-processor machine with a self-complied 2.4.17
kernel (no SMP support) so I don't think that's a problem. Also, just
killing the pppd seems to sort it, I don't have to kill the speedmgmt or
rmmod the speedtouch modules or anything.

Paul.

the originator.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been checked
for the presence of computer viruses.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk