[Gllug] messing with /dev files

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 12:44:29 UTC 2002

jim at lateral.net wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> despite being offered the loan of a nice external modem by a friend I still
> feel the need to get this Linmodem working.
>
> The problem is with the configuration tools on Debian as far as I can tell
> sine the modules load into the kernel without too much difficult.
>
> The lin modem has its own device /dev/ham but wvdialconf only checks ttyS0
> and ttyS1.

I would be surprised if wvdial will only check the two devices.  Here is
the sample config file from the man page:
[Dialer Defaults]
Modem = /dev/ttyS2
Baud = 57600
Init = ATZ
Init2 = AT S11=50
Phone = 555-4242
Username = apenwarr
Password = my-password

It looks like changing the Modem = /dev/ttyS2 to /dev/ham might do you.
  The wvdial on my system is 1.41 although it is unused.

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*