[Gllug] A lesson in root

Stig Brautaset stigbrau at start.no
Sat Feb 9 00:13:55 UTC 2002

At Tuesday, 23 July 2002, you wrote:

>Hi
>
>This reminds me of the time I accidentally hit the return key when
I had
>only typed:
>
>chmod –R 777 /

I once witnessed (on irc} some poor sod being tricked into doing
    chmod -x -R /
as root two hours after his first-ever successfull linux install.
Unfortunately I didn't react fast enough to stop him doing it.
Nedless to say I was really pissed off; not a way to welcome people
into the community :(

Stig
--
brautaset.org

Access over 330 professionally developed online training courses
and hundreds of free tutorials and jobs.  Click below for details
      http://www.beginners.co.uk

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk