[Gllug] tips and tricks...

Michael E. A. m1k3oh at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 7 10:36:58 UTC 2002

Its amazing the kind of tips/tricks you can learn at a LUG meeting.
Just the other day i decided to boot into my SuSE Partition to do a bit
of 'Spring Cleaning', when i realised i had forgotten my root password.

I was contemplating a reinstall when i just happened to mention it to
'Matt', at yesterdays Lonix Meeting.
I was adviced to mount the partition using 'tomsrtbt' (or similar) and
edit the /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow files.
I did just that this morning.
Guess what?
IT WORKS.  NOW I HAVE ROOT ON MY BOX AGAIN.

I wonder how many other tips/tricks are harbouring amongst our
community.

Cheers Folks.

.::Michael

http://greetings.yahoo.com