[Gllug] Evolution and mutt

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Feb 8 15:14:40 UTC 2002

On Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 02:04:02PM +0000, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> Simon Stewart(sms at lateral.net)@Fri, Feb 08, 2002 at 01:44:44PM +0000:

<snip "how would I get evolution and mutt to live together? Espcially
with the seperate mboxes I have for my mailing lists?">

> yep.
> i have procmail directing mail into Maildir folders, that i can use via
> IMAP over ssh for evolutions pleasure.

IMAP seems like overkill for this sort of situation --- I'm only going
to be using these things on the local machine. Sounds like it might
well be the easiest way to do things, though.

My gut instinct is to look for a lighter weight solution.... The
symlink for the inbox seems to work reasonably well, but I create some
mboxes using the date command[1] (that is, I can't know in advance
which folders are going to be there....)

> works a treat, apart from evolution not having lots of funky features
> that i now depend upon in mutt.

I like mutt an awful lot, but evo offers some nice features. Still
waiting for an equivalent from the KDE. All it would take is to use
DCOP to provide a shell from which korganizer, kmail, etc could be
run, but I get a feeling it would still lack the level of
integration....

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Using something like:

:0:
lists/`echo $MATCH | sed -e 's/[\/]/_/g'`-`date +%Y-%m`

--
"For non-deterministic read 'Inhabited by pixies.'"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk