[Gllug] MTA

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Fri Feb 1 13:58:20 UTC 2002

I will have a look at UW-IMAP. I do not need anything complicated. I know
that all these services run on the internet facing box but it is still more
secure than what I had last year (an nt box on dial up). Ideally I would
like a dedicated firewall but hardware is at a premium. If I get iptabes set
up correctly and due to the willy nilly times that I come on line I should
be safe enough. I cannot protect myself against everyone but I should be
safe from most of the script kiddies.

> Exim is a good mta.  I'm coming to prefer it over Postfix,
> being closer
> to the metal and more configurable though it lacks Postfix's nice
> queueing algorithm.  You should be able to configure it for
> home use with  minimal effort.

If it does delivery only then I will have to give it a miss and try
something else.

Harry

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk