[Gllug] Tape backup

robin.c.smith at bt.com robin.c.smith at bt.com
Wed Feb 27 11:23:20 UTC 2002

What sort of data volumes, backup window, recovery requirements ( i.e. I
would tend to do a full backup of user data as incrementals can be slow to
recover).

To answer you question, it must be SCSI based. I use a DDS-3 drive at home
with no problems but I don't use it nightly, we have had problems with DDS-3
drives at work.

DLT drives are nice but expensive.

Robin