[Gllug] Tape backup

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Feb 27 11:31:08 UTC 2002

On , 27 Feb 2002, Andrew Och wrote:
>In people's experience what is the most reliable internal tape drive for
>GNU/Linux? (if money isn't and is an object ;-)

SCSI DLT is still a good choice; the amount of money you have should
determine the size of the drive, not the type.

I use an OnStream drive, but would not care to say that they are
absolutely reliable (the technology is much younger); and the tapes
are proportionately more expensive. The drives are cheaper, but since
a commercial application will propably need many more tapes this is
not necessarily a good deal.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk