[Gllug] Text images for web browser

John Hearns john.hearns at framestore-cfc.com
Mon Feb 4 10:11:51 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-04 at 09:39, robin.c.smith at bt.com wrote:
> I'm writing a web application - GPL accounts in JSP/struts/postgres as I
> need the Java practice - and I need something to generate menu entries - not
> on the fly - from a text string that can be clicked.
>
> Ideally I would like to:-
>
> echo "Accounts" | someapp --width 100 --height 30 --textcolour "#123456"
> --bgcolour "#654321" --format jpg > accounts.jpg

pbmtext

pbmtext(1)                                             pbmtext(1)

NAME
       pbmtext - render text into a bitmap

SYNOPSIS
       pbmtext [-font fontfile] [-builtin fontname] [-space pixels]
[text]

DESCRIPTION
       Takes  the  specified  text,  either a single line from the
command line or multiple lines
       from standard input, and renders it into a bitmap.

       In the bitmap, each line of input is a line of output.
Formatting characters such as new­
       line  have  no  effect  on  the formatting; like any unprintable
character, they turn into
       spaces.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk