[Gllug] Linux (and some Solaris) System Admin Vacancy

Martyn Drake martyn at drake.org.uk
Fri Feb 22 13:11:37 UTC 2002

Hi folks,

Not sure whether this is proper form to post job vacancies like this, but
shall nonetheless post in the hope that I'm not torn limb to limb for
doing so (prepares the armour plated jacket and trousers).

Anyway, there is a Linux Systems Administrator position available in North
West London at an ISP (which also sells PC components).

The successful candidate will be be responsible for several Linux systems
running a combination of Red Hat, Debian and Slackware distributions as
well as some Solaris 8 on at least one Ultra-SPARC IIe.  In addition, the
candidate will be responsible for technical support to clients through
email and telephone.  Knowledge of Apache, Exim, Sendmail, Bind, security
(including ipchains/iptables, firewalling and aware of any system
vunerabilities of the above distributions), MySQL and Postgres is
essential.  Knowledge of PHP is useful, as is the ability to code in bash,
perl or C.  Some exposure to Windows 2000 Server is also required.

If anybody is interested in this position, please email me off-list for
more information.

Regards,

	Martyn

--
Linux 2.4.17 #1 Fri Feb 15 13:32:44 GMT 2002 i686 unknown

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk