[Gllug] CUPS

Martin Stevens budgester at budgester.com
Fri Feb 22 13:37:40 UTC 2002

Hi all,

Finally getting round to setting up printing on my network here.

The tale so far,

(All Linux machines here are debian woody)

I have a server with CUPS and an HP Inkjet 895Cxi.

The printer is configured (i think) and i can print a test page
from the CUPS web interface.

I have my workstation, with CUPS installed and a printer pointing
to the server, which will also print the test page from the web interface.

I want to allow Windows clients to use the printer as well (So that'll be samba of course)

How do i get applications to see the printer ? Printcap ?
The printcap.cups only has one line generated in it, the name of the rinter.

I don't seem to have any off the lp tools set up, which package to use ?

Printing on Linux it one thing i have never been able to get right, and it's starting to bug me.

TIA

Budgester

--
Budgester Technologies Ltd