[Gllug] scan.co.uk

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu Feb 7 15:27:16 UTC 2002

On Thu, Feb 07, 2002 at 02:55:11PM +0000, Lee Blackwell wrote:
> Anyone order hardware from these people?

Once upon a time.

> Another list I'm on has just been through a huge group rant regarding how
> bad they are when it comes to returns & customer support.

There is a good reason why people might to rant, IME.

> Quite amusing as the scan people were cc'd on the rants... ;-)

They don't listen. I suppose they'd bleat about bad margins, etc. but
frankly if the service is bad enough, people won't come back and
they'll go under anyway. The service is bad enough.

> Anyone else have any experience with this company?

*grrr* I'm not even going to get started.

On a brighter and more optimisitc note, I have to say that I can't
recomment GND highly enough. They're friendly, helpful, have a really
great attitude towards their customers and are clued up. I've ordered
stuff from them, and though sometimes it's not in stock, they've
called me at times that are convienet to me and let me know where the
order's at.

Contrary to Scan, their returns policy seems to work too. Recently
bought a mobo from them that was flakey. At first I thought it was the
memory I was using, but after swapping in and out various DIMMS[1] I was
forced to conclude that it was the mobo. Phoned GND, explained the
situation, told them what I'd done and their reply was, "Sounds like
you've done everything that is sensible to do. We'll order the
replacement now and if you can just pop the old board back to us
that'd be fine."

And then they emailed me to see whether the thing was working a few
days later.

Most impressed.

http://www.gnd.co.uk

Cheers,

Simon

[1] Underclocked the CPU, etc, etc, etc.

--
<Masque> It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.
<purl> Then it's a sport!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk