[Gllug] scan.co.uk

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Feb 7 15:05:48 UTC 2002

>Anyone order hardware from these people?

Yep.

>Another list I'm on has just been through a huge group rant regarding how
>bad they are when it comes to returns & customer support.

Yep.

>Anyone else have any experience with this company?

I used to use them almost exclusively. They were cheap, had stuff in
stock when you eneded it, and generally helpful. Then they got too big.
They switched over to a web ordering system, and apparently fired all
the people that used to answer the phones.

The situation now is that if you order something from them, you'd better
cross your fingers nad hope it works. If it doesn't, they won't let you
return it without a valid returrns code obtained from them in advance.
And they don't answer the phone, so you can't get one. Last time I tried,
I had to spend nearly two hours on hold before they finally answered.
Haven't ordered from them since. I now use RL Supplies instead. They
don't have as good a range, but they have all the other attributes that
Scan used to have.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk