[Gllug] Security

Tim Gray timgray at numasters.com
Mon Feb 11 17:24:54 UTC 2002

>[..] in a sense IE *is* Windows.

Your right IE *is* windows, I had a client with a bad IE 6 install... the
machine kept wanting to re-install it on every re-boot, couldn't revert to 5.5
bc the IE 6 application had already been copied over. In the end I had to delete
the IE folder... and hack the registry to death (removing *all* references to
IE ). When I re-started the box *nothing* worked. Windows explorer wouldn't
work, random lockups here and their.... big mess. Managed to get it working
again though... some how ;)

Tim