[Gllug] RHCE - worth doing?

Darran D. Rimron-Molloy ddrm at digital-science.net
Mon Feb 4 16:37:13 UTC 2002

>From Martyn Drake:

> Just as a matter of interest - are you tested on the
> techniques used to resolve the problem, or just that
> you can resolve the problem period?  I suppose
> reformatting the hard drive and re-installing Red Hat
> from scratch to resolve it wouldn't count! :) (sorry,
> I couldn't resist)

>From http://www.europe.redhat.com/training/rhce/prep_guide.php3:

The Debug Exam involves correcting problems on a Red Hat Linux system.
These problems range from boot failure to problematic network services.
Examinees may use any documentation installed on the system in order to
assess and correct problems, but they may not bring in any books or
notes, and "reinstall" is not a valid corrective measure!

	-Darran

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk