[Gllug] www.newscientist.com/hottopics/copyleft/

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Sun Feb 3 23:09:00 UTC 2002

On Sunday 03 February 2002 22:14, Nix wrote:
> NS, SciAm and Nature. SciAm sometimes has too much US politics in it but
> it's balanced by Nature which, of course, has none at all.
>
> For the politics, the Economist (madly pro-status-quo) balanced by
> Private Eye (madly anti-it) :)

I concur (mostly)!

Science is also a good magazine too, and neatly balances Nature's
medicine/biochem slant. I have to say I've never read The Economist as I
think I may be a little too cynical...

Linux Journal and Linux Format are great for Linux things. PC Plus is a bit
too glossy for my like, and their reviews are sometimes plain wrong. Some
good techincal & programming tips in the back though. (By the way, can anyone
explain why PC Plus and its ilk put out their "March" editions in early
January - WTF?!  :-) Up until about two years ago I used to enjoy the US
editions of PC Magazine, but I've lost track of it since.

luv Jon

--
Jonathan Harker
Web: www.jonathanharker.co.uk