[Gllug] GigE

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Feb 4 16:42:33 UTC 2002

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 10:52:50AM +0000, John Hearns wrote:
> "Well, I just bought GbE cards for $36 each, and a couple 4 port GbE
> switches
> for $130 each. Per port cost is $69. Get creative on how to connect

Where's that? The places that I found are still charging more than
that per card....

> Guess it's time that I gave in to the inevitable, and shuffled
> off to the Old Network Manager's Home.
> I see myself spending endless sunny afternoons reminiscing with
> other old duffers about how the good the old days with
> X25 PADs and the fun we had unrolling huge drums of yellow cable.

Ohhh... I've seen some of that bright yellow cable, and a one of ye
olde worlde vampire taps too --- the sysadmin at uni came in and waxed
lyrical about them as one of our networking lectures. That man knew a
frightening amount of stuff.

Cheers,

Simon

--
I _am_ pragmatic. That which works, works, and theory can go screw
itself.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk