[Gllug] bash / go to beginning of line

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Feb 21 02:04:10 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 08:29:35PM +0000, Jonathan wrote:
> <accelerant>
> Christ, can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with using the
> arrow keys in vi? Fine if you're running *nix on keyboards or terminals
> without arrow keys, but if you're using vi on a PC with an AT keyboard
> manufactured any time after about 1983 I don't see the point in NOT using
> arrow keys...?
> </accelerant>

The home keys are faster.  By using them I never have to move away from
the qwerty keys, which suits me fine being a touch-typist.  And I never
have to worry about how the qwerty keys will be interpreted when I'm in
a telnet/ssh session to a remote computer.

The keyboard I'm typing on doesn't even have arrow keys.

--
Bruce

Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.