[Gllug] bash / go to beginning of line

Jonathan Harker jon at jonathanharker.co.uk
Wed Feb 20 20:29:35 UTC 2002

Bruce Richardson also wrote:
> Modern clones of vi (and readline in vi mode) do recognise the arrow
> keys, if not Home and End, and some heretics actually use them.  If they
> use them in command mode then they should be branded but using them in
> editing mode is a capital offence.

<accelerant>
Christ, can someone please explain to me what is so wrong with using the
arrow keys in vi? Fine if you're running *nix on keyboards or terminals
without arrow keys, but if you're using vi on a PC with an AT keyboard
manufactured any time after about 1983 I don't see the point in NOT using
arrow keys...?
</accelerant>

luv Jon

--