[Gllug] Windowmaker and KDE

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Feb 8 19:00:04 UTC 2002

Am I just being a complete numpty, or does the windowmaker and KDE
integration suck large rocks through small straws? I've tried both the
Debian package and compiled from source, but still get a large window
titled "KDE Desktop" In addition, the kpanel pager has no idea how
many WindowMaker desktops there are, and WindowMaker insists on
generating appicons (though judicious use of the clip and autoattract
helps alleviate that problem)

KDE installed using dpkg and have also installed the associated dev
packages. Windowmaker compiles with KDE support enabled and generates
the right messages when compiled with -DDEBUG1 so that looks
hopeful. Version 0.80.0 of wmaker, if that helps....

Of course, it could be that a stressful week and very little sleep are
starting to catch up, but anyone else seen stuff like this?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"Talk to the router, 'coz the host ain't listening" --- ALEX TEUGELS

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk